Saturday, April 30, 2011

Technology and Small Children

As most of you know, I have three grandsons. They are all 2 ½ years old. It is amazing to watch them use technology. All three of them can use a cell phone. Although they can’t read, they know with button to press to call Pa, Momma, or Daddy. They can even answer a call! They recognize ring tones too. They know who is calling before I do. Even as small boys, they knew what a remote was and even though they couldn’t pronounce the word, they knew that it controlled the TV. Isn’t that amazing?
I know this is because it's all they have known. When they are with me, they get to use a computer. They know how to use a mouse and click on their shortcuts that I have made for them. They understand that by clicking on one they get to see Mickey Mouse, or by clicking on another they can see Sponge Bob.
Technology has brought us so far. I can’t imagine what these boys will have access to when they are grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment