Thursday, April 14, 2011

Internet Safety for Children

In a recent video I mentioned identity theft. This morning while getting ready for work, and listening to the local news channel on TV, I heard a report on how small children are now being targeted for identity theft. Facebook being the most popular way people share pictures of their kids and grandkids, criminals are capturing information about children and using that data to get credit cards with their names.
To help protect these kids, the report said to never give the child’s birth date and never ever give their full names They also said when posting pictures of children, not to have identifying locations in the background.
Makes you wonder don’t it? I love sharing my family pictures with my friends on Facebook. But is it worth putting our children at risk? Probably not…I may start cleaning out some of my albums today.

No comments:

Post a Comment